Monday, April 11, 2011

Our Story Part Two: The Engagement!

  I realized that I told the story of how we met and got to this point but I left out the engagement!!

   On December 31st, 2010 (New Years Eve) Mike and I went on a date, first to dinner at Sizzler and then to a movie:) After that, Mike asked me what we should do for the count down and I suggested that we find a nice spot with a good view of the city and just listen to the count down on the radio, to which he replied, "Perfect! I actually know a good place where I used to go fourwheeling with my friends." (little did I know that was his plan all along, He and his buddy had even scoped the place out the night before.) Well it was still a few hours to midnight so we headed back to his parents house.. however on the way there the check engin and ABS lights came on in my car but the manual said it was no big deal, I just needed to get it serviced asap. Well we got to his house and played a little poker with his parents.
   When 11:30 rolled around we decided to head to the spot he had picked out which was somwhere in the middle of Bachas Highway. Well.... on the way there my car was acting funny again and out of nowhere, the lights on the dashboard went out and we lost power steering so Mike pulled over and turnned the car off... And then it wouldn't start again... It broke down right at the bottom of a hill, not too far from where we were supposed to go.. (20 minutes to midnight)
   We didn't know what to do but it was freezing so Mike got out of the car to get a blanket out of the trunk and while he was out there he called his mom and told her what had happened. He told her to wait 20 minutes and then come get us. So Mike and I huddled up in the car and talked about things like our favorite memories from the last year and he asked me what I wanted to have accomplished by next year.. I told him that I wanted to be engaged and that I was going to try for a 4.0 GPA next semester..
   Well at 11:59 I started to do a pretend count down. 10, 9, 8, 7... When out of nowhere Mike gets out of the car and runs around to my side 6, 5... He kisses me 4... He tells me that he loves me and kneels down in a foot of snow 3, 2, 1... He said, "Will you Marry Me?" HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! I was so shocked that I asked if he was being serious and started to cry. Then I said "YES!!!" and we kissed and hugged and cuddled in the car until his parents finally came to pick us up:)

   It was absolutely perfect.. Broken down car and all :)  


In my room all giddy the night I got engaged:)

No comments:

Post a Comment